google

Google

Friday, March 06, 2009

I Never Did Get Into Yale




Most of my teens and 20's I was pretty much a party girl.. My two sisters worked hard to earn their educations. One even excelled into an Ivy League, the other got hers while she worked to earn her own on her own two feet. I'm amazed I can even spell. The point is, my acceptance letter that I received today was very much akin to get into the college of your dreams




Going through the daily mail dumped onto my desk was a letter. At first glance it almost got tossed into the medical issue pile. The Transplant Center works quickly, it was a welcome to and we are pleased to have you as a patient now take this bloodwork order and get started. Be here 30 mins ahead of time and bring us your parking ticket for validation. Good thing I didn't toss it into the pile because I didn't really want to deal with anything else today. But I'm glad I did.


I think a Space Shuttle just went up. The windows were rattling and you can almost feel air being sucked up by the shuttle. If it were coming home it would be a loud bang and never fails to spook me because I really don't pay much attention any more. One boom came when I was at a red light. I swear to god I thought a car exploded, it was too loud to be a back fire. Another time I was in the bathtub home alone....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like awesome news re: transplant center! We really have to catch up, don't we.

meno said...

Would you be willing to tell us what organ(s) you are looking for? Perhaps i have a spare.

steph said...

wow, good luck with everything!!!

TTQ said...

Awww Meno, so thoughtful of others. Unfortunetly you would have to be dead. Grafting is impossible to do on my liver, it's too far gone. They actually already put a shunt into the portal vein to keep the blood flow going.

One of the reasons I blog is for ranting, crying and laughing.

The complications are what I can't stand. I was diagnosed at 28 and now I'm 35. ( Minus a month in a coma)

I'm on house arrest yesterday and today. I tried to go to my neices babyshower yesterday. Honey kept asking if I was ok and I wanted to go so bad, my neices and SIL took me back home when I showed up at to help since I had my car. I again wanted to help with the fun stuff. Today I was thinking of sneaking out, but when I went to flip the a/c off..I walked past the thermostat into the living room and stood there then I rembered that I was adjusting the air. Then I went to the kitchen, opened the dishwasher, got a fork and stood there holding a fork. I wasn't hungry, hence why the fork? Maybe I wanted to F*^#!

It's like black out drinking only free. ..good times good times

Blogging has been hard, I use the wrong words and sometimes gibberish. And my spelling is going out the window...

But I still read all of my regular blogs

So keep on keepin on!

xxxx said...

I love your tag about him not being a real doctor. TTQ, you are great, I just adore you.

meno said...

Hey, i just now came back as i have been having a life the past fewe days. Thanks for your answer.

This really sucks. Hoping that you get a liver soon, although it means someone has to die, but they do that all the time anyway, so you might as well get a piece.

kim said...

It's not lupus, sarcoidosis or lymes disease (well that one time with the lyme, but I didn't buy it -- like the tick would still be there and there's not always a target...)

Love :o)

kim said...

would NOT still be there

kim said...

Are you asking me to update so you don't have to see the state capital anymore?

OMG -- you have such big news and I'm babbling. I'm so sorry, it's past my bedtime.

More love

soapy t said...

ttq- is that from your pre intervention days? if i had two livers i would give you one. 1 year in a coma? was that from the accident? i feel so close to you and yet sometimes i feel like i know nothing.

TTQ said...

Thanks everybody, it was a scary jump to actually spill the beans on my blog.

Soapy -it was only a month and alot of that was induced by the Dr's.

Haha WHICH accident?? No really I was home and it gets pretty gory.

Ater a couple of those incidents and subsquent hospital stays, an intervention would have been useless. I didn't give a fuck.

Plus mom took me up here to stay with her, no stop at my house, she had packed some clothes, brought my kitty to stay and had my BIL drive my car up here. I was a mess. But I stayed sober, met honey, gave up my place in Ft. Laud and accepted Ft. Lauderdale was not a good enviroment for me. I started my blog right before I got married and well you pretty much know the rest after the blog started...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory